Stoning the first cast
"Look what they done to my song ma Look what they done to my songWell it's the only thing That I could do half right
And it's turning out all wrong ma
Look what they done to my song."
..........
Well. I'm hardly vintage Melanie Safka, but I was in the same situation the other night while playing and singing at a local deli. I thought I was doing the owner a favour by providing entertainment, but no. When I finished my set he said there would be no more beer for me ("I don't care who you are") and besides that, I was smoking. It had been a good set, the audience had applauded, but I guess the owner must have been a music critic or something. "You can't have any more beer." I might as well have sung "My bucket's got a hole in it" for I surely couldn't "find no beer." What is going on with that deli owner. Is he blind, lazy, stupid, does he know my professional background?--or just a music critic...Or just somehow jealous? Sure puts you in a Melanie Safka mood.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home